Designing, remodeling and building can feel overwhelming when it isn’t something you do for a living. Especially when your goal is to achieve trendy style that will stand the test of time. Below are a few tips of interior design advice to help with your design dilemma:
- Function First. Focus on your lifestyle and how the space is going to be used.
- Pairing warm grays with earth-toned colors such as camel creates a warm and inviting environment that will never go out of style.
- Add a splash of color to your kitchen or master bathroom. White cabinets are always great, but change it up a bit and do painted cabinetry. If full painted cabinets are too much – choose an island or a small vanity to paint a shade of blue or gray.
- Mixed metals and matte blacks are very on trend as well as matte finished
countertops. They add a soft look and feel to the room.
- Mixing patterned and textured pillows or adding area rugs and a couple new lamps are other easy ways to update a room without spending a fortune.
- Simplistic and minimalist style is one that will never look outdated. With a neutral palette, you can easily add accent pieces or change the look. Introducing ‘trendy’ items into your home décor or painting accent walls are great ways to keep up with the trends. You can switch out items or colors as needed without having to invest in flooring or cabinets.